last updated: 10/7/15
- • By downloading my imagery to any computer or device, it does not mean you own the images,
- and it does not give you permission to redistribute or re-upload my photo files.
- • Do not upload my imagery on other stock websites 'as is' or manipulated in any way.
- • Do not upload my imagery on wallpaper websites 'as is' or slightly altered.
- • Do not throw a filter on my images and upload it (unless it's a preset/action preview).
- • And then of course do not download my imagery with the intention of claiming them as your own.
- • Photoshop Action previews
- preview your photo effects using my imagery
- • Photomanipulations
- blend multiple photos together
- • Photo edit practice
- edit the colors and tones of my imagery for practice, however, this does not mean upload it to get credit for taking the photo or using it as an advantage to gain exposure and popularity, considering it's not entirely about the colors people are mesmerized about, it's also the photo itself. Please upload them ONLY on deviantart IN the photomanipulation category, and give me credit for the actual photograph. I do regular photography & not just stock photography, so I'd really not like my photography being edited and passed off as someone else's
- • Paintings / Drawings
- use my imagery as references for matte paintings, oil/canvas paintings, and drawing/sketching references
- • Illustration for poem, story, or article
- can be used to illustrate a story or something along those lines. Please provide credit
- • Wallpapers
- allowed in some ways. Do not make wallpapers out of my imagery with edited colors and tones or textures added. Please be creative and manipulate it or do something that does not resemble the original shot.
- • CD / Book Covers
- you may use my manipulated artwork as book/cd covers. More on this under 'commercial usage'
- • Tutorials
- you may use my photos in tutorials regarding the making of your artwork. There's a little more mentioned at the end of the page.
I would appreciate credit, however, I understand that there are situations where you honestly cannot credit at all. But if it can be done, do it!
Basic Credit (deviantArt, flickr, etc.) - please credit night-fate-stock whether or not the images are available
Instagram - Simply credit @juliamstarr
Facebook - Like my art page and tag your artwork that uses my stock.
I do not allow premades with my images. I prefer my imagery to be used from scratch and not manipulated into backgrounds that will be distributed under another set of guidelines or rules.
You may print and sell your manipulated artwork that uses my stock. But I do not allow prints if you are allowing people to buy my photo 'as is' or altered with textures/colors while it still looks very close to the original shot. Manipulated with other images is fine, whether it's digital, drawn, or painted.
You may use my stock images in a tutorial in blog format, pdf format, video format, etc., but please do not upload or redistribute the original stock file(s). I prefer my photos being downloaded directly from my site, even if you need to contact me so that I can upload the individual file and provide you the exclusive link. I am also available to grant you permission if the tutorial is exclusive where files must be included. But please let me know!
The way that You treat my imagery determines what I upload, what I take down, or how the rules change.
Let's be awesome and creative about everybody's imagery and respect that it's available for you to create your artwork.
It would be very nice if I can use your pictures.
(Sorry for my bad english, I hope you can understand me... -,-)
I noticed retouched stock images were being submitted into the photomanipulation category before I even
mentioned it in my journal, and that's what I thought was the right category, so I then added it to my journal not realizing that the Digital art > Misc would be more accurate.
So thank you for mentioning it. I will definitely change it right now.
what you do is totally fine
Your stock would be quite alterated and mixed with other elements, textures and layers in photoshop or illustrator. I'd like to know your opinion, and to have your agreement first, please. Thanks anyway. Your stock is simply stunning!